Académie Ste-Cécile International School formally recognizes scholastic achievement by honouring deserving students with appropriate awards. Student awards are presented in four categories on an ongoing basis:
- Dean’s List: Students earn a place on the Dean’s List by achieving an overall academic average of 90% or greater.
- Honour Roll: Students earn a place on the Honour Roll by achieving an overall academic average of 80% or greater.
- Individual Subject/Course Awards: Students in Grades 4 through 11 who achieve the highest overall grade in a subject area or individual course receive a certificate recognizing their accomplishment.
- Mathematics Competition Awards: Upper School and Elementary students who attain top placements in various internal and external mathematical competitions are presented with commemorative certificates and medals.
Beyond these core awards, we also grant the Upper School Club Awards, of which there are two distinct classes:
- The Ninety Club Award: Students enter the Ninety Club after earning 5 credits with a grade of 90% or greater. Further certificates are presented to students who achieve 90% grades in 10, 15, 20, 25, and more than 25 of their courses during their years at ASCIS.
- The Académie Ste-Cécile Awards: These awards are based on a proprietary system of “points” that students accumulate for academic achievement and participation in co-curricular activities.
- After accumulating 100 points for marks over 80%, students receive an Academic Medal.
- After accumulating 100 points for participating in school activities, students receive an Activities Medal.
- Three further plaques honour students who contribute to school life through a combination of academic excellence and significant participation in activities: The Award of Merit (150 total points), the Award of Distinction (200 points), and the Award of Excellence (300 points).
All graduating Grade 8 and 12 students receive their points and awards at their respective graduation in June. This includes Subject and Mathematics awards.
In addition to the above awards, we will acknowledge IB certificate and Diploma recipients at graduation. Current year-two IB Diploma candidates will receive their IB pins at that time.